Shenanigans is a pretty cool word. I'll have to find ways to use it more often.|
2002-02-21 9:32 a.m.
Well, here I am with a day off. These are just a few of the action packed shenanigans I have planned for today.
1) Go to the bank.
2) Write a whole bunch of checks, dating all of them 02/20/02. Technically, that was yesterday. But it's such a nifty looking date, I may just use it for the next two months.
4) Bathroom. Damn you, George! I saw yesterday that your litterbox was getting a little scary. I explained to you that I was very tired, and I swore I would clean it today. But you went and peed all over the floor anyway. Stupid cat.
5)Living Room. I hate my vacuum. It sucks. No, wait. It doesn't suck. And that's the problem. All the carpeting I have is a little 5x8 in the living room. So I bought a $20 vacuum. And it doesn't suck at all, and I hate it.
6) Try to resist going to Chimera and buying more Sandman books. For what feels like practically my whole life, people have been telling me to read Sandman. I've never seen the books anywhere, but yesterday, they were all there, right next to a complete set of John Constantine and just a little way down from V for Vendetta. I almost freaked out, thinking Chimera had established an Andy Shelf. Then I got home and figured out that all that stuff is by basically the same group of people. But I digress. I read the first book in one sitting, and I won't rest now till I've read them all. I knew I'm like that. Why didn't I buy more Sandman?
Well, because I've sworn to myself that I'm using my tax returns to buy a bed. In college, I had an army cot. In Milwaukee, I had a sofabed. In Nekoosa and here, it's a futon. I haven't had an honest to god Bed in 10 years.
Right now, I've got $300. I know I've gotta wait until the other $800 comes, and then I will buy a bed. It's going to be so great, sleeping like a grownup.
I just keep telling myself that, but it's so tempting to just run amok in a bookstore instead. Waaahahahaha! You! Comin' with me! And you! And definitely you! ALL you books! In the car, NOW! Wheeeeee!!!!!!!
7) (I bet you forgot all about the list, didn't you? I know I almost did.)Find assorted tables and dresser tops and counter space before the kipple takes over entirely.
8) Obtain newspapers, and check for jobs.
9) Update the journal. Hey, wait. That's done! Woohoo! Man, does it feel good, accomplishing something. I think I've earned a break.